Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year to everyone. It is so hard to believe we are 2013 and that I am a wife and mother of two baby boys. What an amazing year 2012 was. The year that brought forth my two baby boys, Jackson and Jacob. What an absolute blessing they have been and I am so looking forward to spending this year with them. I can't wait to see them start crawling and walking...celebrating their first birthday and so many other exciting times with them this year. However, I do not want to get ahead of myself or rush things along. Time is rushing by so quickly already that I can't even believe it.

Our first week of the new year has been a challenging one. So you know what I say..."CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" Saturday a week ago the boys developed a cough. By Sunday night they were both coughing and you could tell they were not feeling well at all. The day after Christmas Amy took Trey to the doctor and he had crackling lungs and he had a terrible cough. The boys were starting to sound like him. So New Year's Eve Justin and I took the boys to the doctor. They were both diagnosed with RSV and Jackson had a double ear infection. That was a scary thing to hear. They immediately started a breathing treatment with Jackson because the doctor said his lung sounded crackly and that he was wheezing a bit. I knew that RSV could be very dangerous for babies and especially premature babies and had heard of babies being in the hospital for it. That was all I could think of and pray against...them having to go to the hospital. Thankfully we were able to avoid that. They sent us home with an antibiotic for Jackson and a nebulizer to give both of the boys breathing treatments for a few days.

The boys were so terribly miserable. I felt so bad for them. I just held them and sang "Jesus Loves Me" to them in the doctor's office. We got home and set into a routine for breathing treatments three times a day and antibiotic twice a day. We did breathing treatments from Monday until Friday. They thankfully were able to rest a lot. They kept sleeping through the night and a lot more during the day. Jackson ran a fever for a couple days but it was always below 100. Jacob ran a fever a little longer and New Year Day it spiked up to 102.5. That was a little scary but he did so well. I have the best babies in all of the world. They were so good all week even though they didn't feel good. They still ate really well too. They took a little less of their bottles but I think it was because they had trouble breathing while drinking. Their noses were so cruddy and their cough was just absolutely terrible.

They would get a little better each and every day but still could tell they didn't feel too good. By this weekend they are still coughing and have runny noses but they are acting more and more like themselves each day. I am sure it will take a while for them to get completely over it. We made it through though. :) I will be keeping them in for another week at least. I don't want anyone else catching it from them or them catching something else and getting sick again. The poor babies have been sick since Christmas.




This was our New Year's Eve meal. Bacon wrapped baked chicken, garlic mashed potatoes and green beans.

Jacob getting his first breathing treatment

Jackson getting his first breathing treatment at home


Jackson getting a breathing treatment

Jacob feeling a little better so he can play some

Jackson feeling a little better too

You can tell here in his eyes that he doesn't feel good. My poor sweet Jackson

Jackson

Jacob

Jacob





No comments:

Post a Comment