Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Day

It was so special to wake up Christmas morning with our two baby boys. We woke up and read the story about Jesus' birth in Luke with our boys first thing Christmas morning. We wanted to start that tradition with our boys to always make sure they know what Christmas is truly about. Yes we do Santa and gifts but I want them to know that Christmas is all about Jesus. Some of my fondest memories as a kid are centered around Christmas and I want it to be special for my boys as well. We had an awesome Christmas. We got to spend it with Mom, Dad, Mama, Papa, Amy, Travis, Trey, Taryn and Kathy.

As soon as the boys had their breakfast we started opening gifts. There were way too many gifts. How blessed we are that we didn't have enough room under the tree for all the gifts. I got way too much and a lot more than I deserve.

After opening gifts we enjoyed our traditional Sausage Angel Biscuit that Amy made that was soooo wonderful. Then we hung out and played with all our new toys and gadgets, cleaned everything up and I made my traditional homemade noodles. Then we enjoyed a wonderful lunch. The last few years Dad has been frying and turkey and oh my that things is SOOOOO Yummy!!! We had ham, turkey, homemade noodles, sweet potatoes, dressing, gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, peach pie and pumpkin pie. Oh my goodness it makes me hurt just thinking about all of that food again.

Then after lunch we came back to our house and spent the afternoon and evening with Justin's mom. Christmas day is also her birthday so we always spend the afternoon and evening with her. Her and Justin are very strict on not opening gifts until Christmas day so we always do our gifts with her that evening. Our traditional Christmas evening meal is summer sausage, cheese and crackers. Yum!

What a wonderful day we had enjoying being with family. I know the boys didn't understand it but it sure was fun being with them. Next year will be a lot of fun. They will be almost 2 next year so they will get into it a little more.

The boys getting their "Santa" gifts. 


The boys in their "My First Christmas" bibs ready for their breakfast.






My sweet wonderful husband got me an iPad for Christmas. I was so shocked. I couldn't believe he had done that.

This is what he asked for. :) He loves his tennis shoes.







This was one of Justin's stuffed animals when he was a kid and he wrapped them up and gave them to the boys.

Here is another one.



We put Papa a car detailing basket together for Christmas. Him and Justin love detailing their cars.


Taryn getting her Precious Moments gift. I decided for her first birthday that I wanted to get something special for her at all special occasions that she could keep forever. So I decided on Precious Moments. This one says "Jesus Loves Me"

We got this for Dad. I thought it would be neat for his pool room.

Jackson opening his stocking


Jacob opening his stocking

Jackson and Papa Great











Jackson on his push and ride doggy that Justin and I got him.

Jacob on his push and ride doggy that Justin and I got him

No comments:

Post a Comment