Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Eve

Justin and I have had a pretty good arrangement worked out since we got married for getting to spend Christmas with everyone. We spend Christmas Eve day with Justin's mom and have a nice Christmas Eve dinner with her. She used to make these big feasts big enough to feed an army. The last couple of years I have made dinner and this year it wasn't quite as nice of a feast that she used to do but it was pretty good. I made fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, milk gravy and biscuits. Then after we have dinner with Kathy we go to my Mom and Dad's house to spend the night. I always make sausage balls for dad so I made those to take with us. 

It has been a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember that everyone gets pajamas on Christmas Eve. I remember being a little girl and most of the time we would drive up to St. Louis to my Mama and Papa's house on Christmas Eve and when we would get there they would already be in bed but they would get up and we would open our pajamas. Now we take our kids to the grandparents house on Christmas Eve to open pajamas. So we went to Mom and Dad's and spent the night so we could all get up and spend Christmas morning together. 

Getting ready to open the boys' first Christmas Eve pajamas




We wanted to get a picture of the cousins but Taryn wasn't too excited about that.

Trey loves his cousins

Taryn still not into the pictures :)

Mimi with her kids and grandkids

Poppy wanted to join us

Justin taking a picture of Travis taking a picture of everyone else in their pajamas

Our first Christmas Eve pajamas picture with our baby boys!

Look at those cute boys in their Christmas Pajamas!!!!! I could just eat them up!







1 comment:

  1. I love these pics of them in their green striped pjs....so precious!

    ReplyDelete