Friday, March 16, 2012

My Day Yesterday

The last couple of days I have noticed I was having trouble breathing and felt like my heart was racing. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday I had a hot flash/dizzy spell. The ultrasound tech said it is from me laying down on my back and the babies cutting off my blood vessels. It causes you to get hot and feel really funny. Well Wednesday I never felt like I fully recovered from that spell. I stayed in bed most of the day. Then yesterday morning while in the recliner I was still feeling a little weird so I decided to call the doctor's office and just let them know in case it could be related to something they would need to address. It felt like anxiety but unless it was something subconscious I wasn't worried about anything. I realize I have two babies coming but God has given me such peace throughout this entire pregnancy that I knew it wasn't just anxiety. Dr. Evitt's nurse called back fairly quick and said Dr. Evitt wanted me to go to labor and delivery at the hospital and let them monitor me for a while. I told them it would be a little while before I could get there because I knew Justin would want to take me and he was in Morristown. Also, a sweet friend was bringing me lunch in just a few minutes so I figured I would go ahead and eat.

My friend came to the house and dropped off my lunch and of course as soon as I told her I was going to the hospital she had a freak out and insisted on staying with me until Justin got home even though she was supposed to be going back to work. I tried to talk her out of it but she doesn't listen very well. :) I sat down and started to eat my lunch and hadn't taken one bite when Justin walked in the door....a nervous wreck. He said "how about we make that sandwich to go". I said "how about you get my suitcase and everything in the van and then we can go." I was a little nervous about going to the hospital but when he got there and was so nervous it made me laugh and calmed me down a bit. LOL So on the way to the hospital Justin proceeds to tell me that he passed a cop that was also driving on the interstate going 90 with his flashers on and the cop never even moved to come after him. I said how long did it take you to get home. 25 minutes he tells me. How long should it take to get to our house from Morristown? I am pretty sure he told me at least an hour and maybe should be longer. I said oh that is really great these boys do need a father. To which Justin reminded me that he is a stunt driver. That is always the end of that conversation when we hit the stunt driver point. :) Crazy man that I love!

We got to the hospital around 1:45 and they hooked me up to monitors to monitor the boys' heart rates, my contractions, my blood pressure and oxygen levels. They listened to my lungs and heart. They said my lungs were clear but that my heart was definitely beating fast. Which is obviously what I was feeling. She said with two babies there is a lot more blood pumping and that was probably why my heart was racing. They monitored me for a while and then decided to take blood work and put an IV in me. Well two nurses and five holes later they got an IV in me. Around 4 my doctor came to check on me. She said the boys and I were both looking good but she was going to do a test that would tell her if the boys would be coming in the next two weeks or not. Who know anything like this existed. She said if it was negative then they were most likely not coming for at least two weeks which is what we wanted to see. If it was positive then there was a chance they could come within two weeks. She did say the negative was very accurate but a positive could result in a false positive. Regardless if it was positive they would be more aggressive with how they treated me. The test came back negative so they released me to come home. Basically just having trouble breathing and racing heart because of the boys. I figured that was all normal with them just pushing up on everything but I wanted to be sure there wasn't anything else going on and obviously so did Dr. Evitt.

So if their test is accurate we will not have babies for at least two more weeks which is great. They need some more time to grow and develop so they will be completely healthy when they get here and will get to be with us immediately and meet all their friends and family. We have been waiting a long time and don't want to have to send them off to Children's Hospital. Healthy babies in Jesus name!!!!

So I will just be taking it super easy (especially because Dr. Evitt is out of town all next week and don't want anything happening without her) from here on out. It is just a matter of finding a comfortable position. Reclining in the chair isn't that great because that is when the hot flashes hit. If I am sitting straight up and down they are pushing up into everything so laying down in bed is the most comfortable. I can sit at a slight angel for a while. So I will just be playing musical chairs. :) I am so thankful for a good report yesterday. God has His hand on us. Thankful for a few more weeks for these boys to grow. It is all about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment