Sunday, March 25, 2012

35 Week Update

We made it through week 34 with Dr. Evitt out of town!!!!!! I also made it through another week of bed rest without losing my mind. Three weeks of bed rest down and three more to go. :) I had one extra outing this week other than the usual doctor's appointments and trip to Mom and Dad's for lunch. Thursday night Justin had to go to Nashville to spend the night because he had an early meeting on Friday morning. After much discussion I convinced him that it was ok to leave me and spend the night away from home. So he packed me up and took me to stay with Amy for the night. She took extremely good care of me, I had company all day Friday and some different scenery. This week was pretty uneventful. We go to the doctor tomorrow and will see Dr. Evitt. I am anxious to see what she has to say. After this coming week I will feel good about them coming at any time as far as being healthy enough but if they want to stay in until 37 weeks I am ok with that too. I may end up in the bed for the last two weeks or so but I will make it. I am starting to get a little more sore and uncomfortable. It isn't terrible but by the end of the day it is hard to find a spot to be in and be comfortable. If I am sitting straight up they are pushing up and down so I can't breathe too well and there is a lot of pressure. If I am in a reclined position for too long I start to feel a little light headed. The doctor has said that is because they are laying on blood vessels and cutting them off. So laying down is usually the most comfortable. I am ok with that. :) Enough about me...what about the boys this week?

Week 35:
At about 20 inches and five and a half pounds (but with about five more weeks to grow), most of your baby's growth over the next month or so before you meet will be in weight (with a gain of anywhere from one pound to several ), not height (baby's pretty much reached the in utero limit in that department). Accordingly, fat continues to accumulate at a rapid pace these days (on baby, not just on your hips). Back in the middle of your pregnancy, your baby's weight was made up of only two perfect fat; now that percentage has soared to closer to 15 percent (and will increase to 30 percent at term). Which means your baby's once skinny arms and legs are now quite plump...and irresistibly, squeezably soft.

Also, continuing to grow at an amazing pave is your baby's brain power. Luckily, the part that surrounds that amazing brain - the skull - remains soft. And for good reason: A soft skull will allow your baby to squeeze more easily through the birth canal.

No comments:

Post a Comment