Monday, March 5, 2012

Doctor's Appointment: March 5, 2012

Justin and I got to go to the doctor today to see our boys again. They are doing great. Jackson weighs 3 pounds 6 ounces and Jacob weighs 3 pounds. Jackson has gained about 13 ounces and Jacob gained 12 ounces. I gained 2 pounds...almost all baby. Jacob has flipped back to the breech position. Last time he was head down. Jackson is still head down. We only got two pictures today but you can't see anything really so I am not going to post them. I am not even sure what she took a picture of. :) My blood pressure was great (120/70). I have, however, been officially put on bed rest. Dr. Evitt said she isn't concerned about anything right now but the more rest I get and energy I preserve the better off the boys are. It was quite a comical conversation though:

Dr Evitt: Have you been having any contractions?
Me: Just a few but not regularly.
Dr. Evitt: Ok that's just braxton hicks
Me: I have noticed my stomach gets tight all over when I am up walking around
Dr. Evitt: Um that is why you won't be walking around any more
Me: Does this mean I am done singing?
Dr. Evitt: This means you won't be going to church
Me: Ok well what about going to the store when I leave here and making chili tonight for dinner
Dr. Evitt: Petros has really good chili. Bed or couch only. No cooking! I have eyes everywhere and will know what you are doing.

So I tried but for the sake of my boys for the next 6 weeks you will only be able to find me in bed or on the couch. :) The boys have about a 12% discrepancy in their measurements right now and I think I mentioned last time that they get concerned if that gets to 20% and will have to take them. She said she is not concerned at this point but the reason she wants me to be completely resting is that every ounce of energy I preserve will go to the boys growing. The more energy they have to grow the better off they will be when they come. We still want them to wait until they are completely full term but need them to be as big as possible and fully developed. So if I have to stay in bed for the next 6 weeks to keep them out of the NICU that is exactly what I will do. I have been extremely fortunate to make it this long without bed rest because in the beginning Dr. Evitt thought this would happen a lot sooner. I actually had some high blood pressure in the beginning so she thought that would be an issue before now. My blood pressure was perfect today and I don't have any swelling. Everything has just been perfect and I am so thankful that God has had His hand upon me and our boys. I know that He will continue to take care of us.

We are now set up to go to the doctor twice a week now. We see Dr. Evitt once a week and have an ultrasound twice a week. So at least I will get to leave the house twice week. :) I will be milking those trips for all they are worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment