Friday, March 30, 2012

Doctor's Appointment: March 29, 2012

We went to the doctor yesterday for our second check-up of the week. The boys were still doing great. Yesterday was just an ultrasound day to check their heartbeats and movement and the fluid. Everything was absolutely perfect and they were definitely moving. Jacob (my little acrobat...there is no telling what this kid is going to be like ha ha ha) has flipped again and is now breach. Which is not a problem because we are having a c-section anyway. It is just crazy to me that he still has room to move like he does. I told Lorri (the ultrasound tech) that I have been feeling Jackson move more. She said it looks like he has a little more room to move whereas before Jacob was kind of hogging the womb. She also said one of the reasons I may not have felt him as much as Jacob is because Jacob is right at the surface next to my skin but Jackson has placenta between him and my skin. So I guess as they are getting bigger I am able to feel them more because this last week I have felt them both like crazy. (even as I write this they are both moving which is a little breath taking...ha ha). So everything was perfect. We were not scheduled to see Dr. Evitt yesterday but ran into her in the hall. I asked her if she needed to see us and she said she didn't as long as the ultrasound looked good. We told her it did. She said I looked great and she would see us on Monday. Monday will be the first day of the 36th week! What an amazing God we serve. He has taken such good care of us and heard our cries unto Him for a full term, healthy pregnancy. Many twins are delivered much sooner than where we are at right now and here I am still able to carry them. Just makes me stand in awe of who my God is and that He chose me for this journey. Thank you Lord!!!!

We were able to finally get a small glimpse of Jackson yesterday. He still is kind of facing my back with his body but yesterday his head was turned to the side so we were able to see a little bit of his sweet face for the first time. We also got another good picture of Jacob. I am thinking they are going to look pretty different. I know it is hard to tell from these pictures but their noses look like they each take from their mom and dad. Jacob looks like he has my nose and Jackson looks like he has Justin's. I am so anxious to see their little faces in person, their little feet with ten toes, their precious hands with ten fingers. Here are the pictures...

Jackson


Jacob


1 comment: