Monday, March 12, 2012

Doctor's Appointment: March 12, 2012

Justin and I went back to the doctor this morning for our, now, weekly ultrasound and chat with Dr. Evitt. They did not take any measurements of the boys today. The ultrasound tech wanted to wait until Wednesday. We are used to seeing two weeks of growth so she wanted to wait a few more days since it has only been one week since the last growth measurements were taken. She just measured the fluid and the boys' heart rates. Dr. Evitt said everything was perfect. We didn't talk to her much today. I wasn't feeling good while we were there this morning. I had a few hot flashes while we were there so I was ready to get out. I did ask Dr. Evitt about a couple things.

The first was if she was going to be putting us on the hospital schedule for a c-section. She looked at her calendar for when I would be 37 weeks and said that April 16th would be the last possible day I would be pregnant but that she would not be putting us on the schedule. She thinks the likelihood of us making it to 37 weeks is very slim. So Justin asked her at what point would the boys be most likely to be able to come home with us. She said 35 weeks and possibly even 34 weeks. Dr. Evitt and the ultrasound tech both mentioned today that twins actually develop faster than a single birth so they are more likely to be completely developed sooner. So we could have babies in just a couple more weeks. I still do not want her to just take them because she thinks we made it far enough if we aren't having problems. If they are doing ok I want to go all the way just to make sure that they will be completely fine when they come out. We will see what the next few weeks bring. Today is the first day of the 33rd week. Absolutely amazing!

The second thing we talked about what the fact that Dr. Evitt will be on vacation next week. I told her that I have had a long talk with the boys to let them know they are not allowed to come next week without Dr. Evitt. :) Dr. Evitt wanted to make sure that a doctor sees me next week so I will be seeing a doctor that has only been with the practice for a few months and that I have never met (Dr. Buckingham). I told Dr. Evitt that I do not want Dr. Buckingham making any major decisions next week without Dr. Evitt. Dr. Evitt said that she would talk to Dr. Buckingham and make sure she knows to check with Dr. Evitt before making decisions. I trust that Dr. Evitt chose Dr. Buckingham to be a part of her practice but I don't know her and how she works. I know Dr. Evitt and trust her with every single decision so I wanted to make sure she would be involved if there are any issues that present themselves next week. I do not anticipate anything happening but wanted to make sure we were all on the same page. I think we are all set. :) After next week Dr. Evitt will be in town and available at all times which makes me feel much better. She said didn't want to miss this boys being born either. :)

We will go back to the doctor on Wednesday morning for the growth ultrasound. Still trucking along! Thank you Jesus!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Where is the photo? I would like to see you "resting". Enjoy it now.... it won't be long that these days(rest) will be just a memory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gran

    ReplyDelete