Tuesday, October 16, 2012

First Part of October: 10/1-10/13

October has been an exciting month. My sweet little boys turned 6 months old on the 5th. That is just amazing to me! They are half way to being a year old. That is all I can think about. I am not sad that they are 6 months old it just doesn't seem real. It feels like just yesterday they were still in my tummy and yet at the same time it feels like they have always been a part of my life. I can't imagine life any other way. God has been so good to us. These little boys of mine are just so amazing. It is so much fun to just be with them. They have the cutest smiles that just melt your heart and make the sweetest little noises. It is hard to believe that we are truly in the fall season now. I love fall and love spending this season at home with my boys.

Justin and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on the 4th. I am so blessed beyond words to call him my husband, my best friend and father of my children. What an amazing husband and father he is. It is so funny because it feels like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle to say "I do" to him having no idea what our future was going to hold. Yet, at the same time, it seems like he has always been a part of my life. We have talked often about how funny it is to think about that day and how we had no idea that 4 short years later we would be the parents of two amazing little boys. We enjoyed celebrating our day at home with our two precious angels. I got everything for us to have fondue for dinner. We love to have fondue at home. We had fiesta cheese dip with tortilla chips; steak and chicken dipped in tempura; and cheesecake stuffed strawberries for dessert dipped in chocolate. It was a nice evening at home. Justin and I decided that we would get the traditional anniversary gifts every year. We thought it would be a fun tradition. This year was flowers and candy. I made him a candy bouquet and he sent me flowers and boxes of chocolate. The flower arrangement had the two flowers that I had in my wedding bouquet. He is too good to me and I am so thankful for him each and every day.

Jacob went to see my ENT on the 1st. He has a small tongue tie and our pediatrician suggested that we at least have it looked at by an ENT. She said it wasn't too tight but was tighter than Jackson's and should an ENT look at it. Dr. Rathfoot said it was fine and he didn't think it was bad enough to cut it. He said if he ever has to do anything else for him then he would but it would likely break on its own. Dr. Rathfoot is at UT hospital where the boys were in the NICU. While we were there I decided to take them to see our favorite nurse, Nurse Shirley. She was really happy to see the boys and how well they are doing. By the end of September, Jacob had started showing a little more interest in eating cereal. I was only offering him a couple bites of Jackson's and not making him his own bowl. Once he showed interest I started making him his own bowl this month and he has been doing great the last two weeks. He is eating just as much as Jackson now and he opens his mouth on his own for every bite. I am so proud of him. I had asked Dr. Rathfoot if he thought Jacob's tongue tie was hindering him eating and he said he didn't think it was bad enough and sure enough he was right. Jacob just needed a little more time to be ready for it. Probably over the last month or so Jacob's ankles have been extremely dry. We have been putting this ointment called Auquaphor that is made by Eucerine on them for babies with dry cracked skin. It seems to help tremendously. Poor little baby seems to have his momma's skin. My skin gets very dry and will even crack open. I know it can be very painful but it hasn't seemed to bother him. He is such a tough little guy.

Jackson went with us when we went to see the ENT and to see Nurse Shirley at UT. I haven't ever split the boys up and only taken one somewhere. I don't really know what I would do with only one baby. ha ha ha On the 6th Jackson rolled over from tummy to back for the first time. He did it a couple times in a row. Last Friday night Jackson woke up in the middle of the night crying...like really crying with tears and everything. I rocked him for a couple minutes and put him back to bed and went back to bed but he kept crying. I went back in there and talked to him and finally gave him a blanket. After he got the blanket he went back to sleep. I'm not sure what that was all about. First of all he hardly ever cries for anything and NEVER wakes up in the middle of the night. It was very weird. Secondly, Jacob is the one who loves a blanket but I guess Jackson got used to having a blanket at nap time and just decided he wanted it. :) So I have been putting him to bed with a blanket again. I took it away because I took Jacob's because he was rolling and Jackson has been trying to roll over and didn't want him to get it wrapped around his neck. I guess he wants it though. He hasn't woke up any more since then.

Jacob and Jackson are both such good boys. We can go anywhere and do anything and they are always so good and just go with the flow. I took them to praise team practice last Thursday because Justin was out of town. I took a blanket and toys and they just laid in the floor and played without making a peep. Everyone kept asking if they were always that good and I said "yes". They really are. Jacob whines a little more than Jackson but is still not much. They are both very happy babies. They both sleep from at least 10pm-8am every night without getting up and sometimes more than that. They still take four naps during the day. I do not swaddle them any more. I do give them a blanket at nap time. Jacob does not get one at night because he flips in the night but right now Jackson is getting one. They are both taking 7 ounces of formula four times a day and eating 1 tablespoon of cereal with a little bit of applesauce and water once a day. These boys love to eat. Especially Jackson! He smiles every time he sees me coming with his bowl of cereal.

I am so blessed to be the mother of these two amazing boys!!!!!!!

We will be going to the doctor this week so stay tuned for an update from the doctor to see how much they have grown since August and what sorts of foods we will start introducing!!!!


I thought this was so funny. They were laying side by side on the jungle mat. I went to wash bottles, came to check on them and this is what I find....both of them asleep, Jackson completely off the mat, Jacob sprawled out on the mat, and socks everywhere! LOL How did their socks get so far away from them?

We went to spend the day with Tonya


Jacob holding his bottle

The boys playing while I worked on Daddy's surprise for our anniversary.

Ta Da!!!! I did it all by myself. I got all crafty and stuff....which is not me at all!!! Since the gift this year was flowers and candy I first thought about doing a cookie bouquet, then I thought they make and sell candy bouquets but it would just be a bunch of stuff that he wouldn't necessarily eat. So then I thought I think I can just make one and have all the stuff he really likes. It turned out pretty good for me not being a crafty person.

My beautiful flowers and candy.

Our fondue dinner

Happy 6 month, 1/2 Birthday!!!!!

They sleep some of the funniest ways. Too cute!

Wearing a little sweatsuit for the first time. So cute asleep in his little hood.

Hanging out with Mom being good little boys while we wait on Ol' Silver to get fixed

Another cute little sweatsuit they have.

Two little boys ready for breakfast

Chewing on their new teethers

I just had to share this because it was so amazingly yummy! My sweet husband made us omelettes last Saturday morning. Mine had bacon, tomato, cheese and avacado with a side of sourdough toast. It was glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment