Wednesday, June 6, 2012

8 Weeks: Sleep, Sleep and More Sleep

Well last week the boys turned 8 weeks old. Time is just flying by. They are becoming more and more alert and it is so neat to look at them and them look right back at you. Jackson and Jacob are just the most precious boys in the world. Last week they started sleeping longer at night more consistently. They had been going 4-5 hours between feedings and I thought that was really great (compared to 3 hours between feedings) but they weren't consistent every night. Sunday night a week ago they went 6 hours between feedings and became more consistent with doing that every night. All last week they would do 5-8 hours between feedings once per night. So that sleep, sleep and more sleep in the title is referring to me. I can sometimes get 6 1/2 straight hours of sleep now at once. I can handle that. I also discovered last week that they were no longer wanting to eat and go right back to bed during the day. Now they like to sit up for a while, have some tummy time or cuddle time for an hour or so before they start getting really drowsy and then they will lay down and take a nap. We can still lay them right down after their late feeding in the evening though and they will go right to sleep. We didn't do a whole lot last week other than hang out around the house. Here are some pictures of my growing boys.

Dad's All-Star Kids

Jackson playing with his toys

Jacob playing with his toys

The boys hanging out in the kitchen with me while I wash bottles

Friday morning cuddle time with mom

Jacob 

This has got to be one of the cutest pictures yet!

Jackson in Daddy's chair

1 comment:

  1. They are so precious. I am so proud of you for taking the photos and posting them. Gee has a big job that he is trying to reschedule so we can come. Cross your fingers, I so want to see you all. Gran

    ReplyDelete