Tuesday, June 19, 2012

10 Weeks: Spring Cleaning and Father's Day

We didn't do a whole lot last week except clean, clean and clean some more. My grandparents came to stay with us for a little while so we had to get the house in tip top shape. Things were starting to drive me crazy anyway because I hadn't done a deep cleaning since before I was pregnant. So I went through the whole house and organized things and cleaned top to bottom. Justin and I literally did something every evening. Justin is such an amazing husband and father. He helped me so much. He cleaned out our garage and painted the floor and helped me with things inside too. I am so proud of our home that we share together with our precious boys.

The boys are doing so good. They are pretty much sleeping all through the night now. We feed them between 8 and 10 and let them sit up for a little bit and then put them to bed. They will sleep at least until 6 or 6:30 and sometimes longer. I have discovered that even if they wake up in the night that they can be re-swaddled or given a pacifier and they will just go back to sleep. Then we get up around 6:30 or 7 to eat and are up for the day. They have definitely learned the difference between night and day. During the day I leave their blinds open and their door open so they are exposed to everything. At even given point of the day there are either two girls playing, the TV is on, music playing or something going on in the kitchen and it doesn't phase them if they are asleep. Then after their 8 or so feeding we snuggle with them for a bit and I put them in their bed and close the blinds and turn off all the lights. They are such good babies.

They are starting to interact more. I have been putting them in their bouncy seats with toys in the morning. You can get a smile here or there out of them. On Tuesday I gave them these little things I call a lovey. I think the technical name for them is security blankey. It is a really small little blanket like thing with a stuffed animal head on the top. Jacob absolutely loved his. It was the first time he seemed to really smile because he enjoyed something. He just cooed and rubbed his face all in it and snuggled with it. It was the cutest thing ever. Jackson didn't care as much for it. He was fine with it but just didn't seem to enjoy it as much as Jacob did.

We did take them to the doctor on Thursday but I will write about that separately.

Then Sunday was Father's Day. Justin's very first Father's Day. I will post the pictures from that later. Travis took them so I have to wait to get them from him. We were supposed to dedicate the boys (we originally planned it for the 24th, then had to change it) but Mom and Dad were delayed getting back from their trip to California so we had to postpone it. It is now back on schedule for the 24th.


Tummy Time

Trey went to the movie with us this week to see Happy Feet 2. Jacob and Jackson stayed at Aunt Amy's.

Jackson sleeping wit his lovey

Jacob napping with his lovey


I was trying to get a picture of his hair sticking up in the back but you can't see it too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment