Tuesday, June 19, 2012

9 Weeks: Stay at Home Mom Testimony and Two Month Old Twins

I know I am a couple weeks behind but here is the 9 week update...

Monday I officially resigned from my job. I have been praying since I got pregnant about what to do about my job. I loved my job but knew that my children were much more important. At first I thought I might try to find some work to do from home but I just prayed for God's will. I have found in my life that when you truly release things into God's hands and not try to make anything happen that He will take care of everything. For several months I just prayed and still worried a bit about losing my income. We would be totally fine on Justin's but that was a huge chunk of our income to just stop getting all of a sudden. Then one day while I was pregnant the Lord took me on a journey down memory lane and showed me how he had always provided for me. Every job I had ever had was handed to me. My first ever job was working a hot dog wagon at Neil Sandler Ford on Saturdays. My sister worked it first and when she was done they asked if I wanted to do it so I said yes. I made very good money doing that. I am not exactly sure how long I did that. Then I was a nanny for a little while. A friend of mine called me and said she knew someone who needed help with her children and asked if I would be willing to help her. I was very excited and was there with that family for about a year. (Side note...that job allowed me to buy my very first car which happened to be a dream car for me at the time...a red Mustang) While I was working as a nanny my mom called me one day and said her boss asked if I would be willing to come and work for him. I started working with Mom in March of 2004 and worked there until September 2010. In June 2009 my neighbor at the time started talking to me about what I was going to do since I graduated from UT and asked me to come work for him. That is where I was currently employed. God just reminded me that every job I had ever had came to me without me ever seeking a job. There are more stories within there of how God worked those individuals times out but that is the main point that God provided. So I did not feel released to search for a job to work from home even though I kind of wanted to. I knew that if God had something for me to do He would bring it to me. He always had so why not this time? So I just kept praying for God's will. Then there was a possible opportunity for me to stay with my same company and work from home. While that should seem really exciting I didn't feel right about it and wasn't sure why so I continued to pray and just asked the Lord to close the door if it was not His will because I didn't want to do anything that was not God's perfect will. I thought everything was coming together and then I got a call that they were not going to be able to give me that option. I was thankful for a clear answer and gave them my formal resignation. I am thankful for my time with URS but I always knew it was only for a season. God has given me the desires of my heart to be able to be home with my children. I know it is not for everyone but for me home is where I am to be. I will miss everyone at URS but we will go visit them often. I am so excited about the journey ahead with Jackson and Jacob.

Tuesday was June 5th and the boys were two months old. Where is the time going??? They are getting so big and so much more alert. They went to their very first movie at the movie theater. Regal has summer movies for kids that are only $1 so I told the girls I am keeping that I would take them. We saw an American Girl movie. They did really good.

Wednesday we all went to the pool in our subdivision. It was such a perfect day. It was cool with a breeze in the shade so the boys didn't get too hot but the sun was out and warm enough to be in the pool.

Thursday I went to clean out my office. I didn't realize until I walked in there that I would be emotional over cleaning it out. I am still not sure why that happened but it did none the less. I think it was just the fact that I wouldn't be with some of the close friends I had made over the years there every day. I will still get to see them of course because they won't stay away from these boys for very long. :) It is just a change in seasons and I am thankful for the different seasons in my life.

Friday we took the boys to JC Penny to have their 2 month pictures taken. They did absolutely amazing. They never cried and let us pose them however we wanted. They turned out so good. I was shocked. Therefore we will be spending lots of money there. :) Every picture was so good that there was no way for us to pick so we just bought the CD. That way we can buy whatever we want from Walgreens or somewhere like that. Then after the pictures we went over to Amy and Travis' house for dinner with them and Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad were leaving for vacation so they wanted to see all the kids before they left.

Saturday we took the boys to "Bark in the Park". It is an event they have downtown where dogs are welcome. So of course we had to take Bailey. We had dinner on a patio out on Market Square and just walked a little bit. It was a beautiful night.

Sunday we didn't do too much. We went to church and then lunch and then we came home and took a nap with the boys. After that we began our week long extravaganza of spring cleaning.
It's been another great week watching my boys grow. :)


Big boy Jackson just chillin with a full belly

Jacob aka Mr. Mittens

Their first trip to the movies. We ran into Karen and had to take a picture to make Bro. James mad. :)

Mr. Mittens chillin in his bed

Jackson...I don't think he was too happy

The boys all ready to go see everyone at URS

Jackson taking a nap in his car seat

My boys relaxin with their momma

Jackson loves to take over his Daddy's chair :) So precious

How sweet is my little Jacob?!



No comments:

Post a Comment