Sunday, February 26, 2012

31 Week Update

Another week down and just 7 more to go. Can we say CRAZY??!!! I have been at home this last week resting and will be at home this coming week too. I see Dr. Evitt on Thursday so we will see if she wants me to continue resting or go back to work a few hours a day. I am thinking at this point resting is going to be high on the list of priorities. It is funny to look back because at our very first doctor's appointment she was giving us all the statistics of twins....BUT GOD!!!! She had fully expected us to start having problems in December that would have put me on bed rest. Here I am in February with 7 weeks to go and very few issues and definitely nothing as major as she thought. I do realize at this point in the game with twins it is time for me to slow down and get more rest. The more rest I get the better off we are at keeping Jackson and Jacob safe in their growing environment for 7 more weeks. God has been so good to me throughout this pregnancy. I am so very thankful for an amazing pregnancy experience.

I am starting to get a little nervous about the hospital and c-section process. I know that God has everything under control. It is just all the unknowns that bother me. Not knowing when they are going to come exactly if they were to come a little earlier than the full term mark, not knowing how the c-section procedure is going to go and how the recovery will be. I am going to pack mine and the boys suitcases for the hospital this week so that we can be prepared for anything. Justin and I are still praying and believing that they will go full term so that we will have no complications and that they will be able to be with us immediately and have no need to be sent anywhere else. We would appreciate anyone who feels led to agree with us in that prayer. We are so excited for this next step in our life and cannot wait to meet the precious gifts that God has given to us.

Sorry for rambling on but just sharing my heart and where we are at this time. :)

Let's see what week 31 has in store for Jackson and Jacob this week.

Week 31:
As far as growth goes, your baby is still on a roll, measuring an impressive 18 inches and weighing in at more than three pounds. You can still expect your baby to gain at least three to five pounds, possibly more, before you two meet.

Your baby's brain is working overtime these days, developing faster than ever. Connections between individual nerve cells are growing at a frenetic clip, and your baby can now perceive information from all five senses. Sure, your baby can't smell anything right now, but that's only because he or she is still submerged in amniotic fluid and needs to be breathing air to get a whiff of anything. Lucky for you - and your baby - yours will be one of the very first scents your baby breathes in, a scent that will quickly become his or her very favorite.

So what's your little dove doing all day while you're busy feathering your nest for his or her arrival? Making faces, hiccupping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with little hands and feet along your uterine wall, and even sucking his or her thumb. In fact, some babies suck their thumbs so vigorously while in the womb that they're born with a callus on their thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment