Monday, May 7, 2012

Our First Few Weeks Home

Ok ok ok...so I have neglected my blog and I do feel terrible about that. However, I feel like I have a pretty good excuse...two newborn babies, at the same time, they were in the hospital and I had to go back and forth, trying to get into a routine, lack of sleep, recovering from surgery...ok enough excuses and back to work for those of you who follow my blog....especially my Granny. :) I will now "stop whining".

Well we have had the boys home for three full weeks now and it has been absolutely wonderful.

Just a couple days after coming home it was Poppy's birthday. So we took the boys to Grammy and Poppy's for their first Sunday family lunch.






Our first week home Justin was home with us. We didn't do much of anything but take care of the babies and sleep. :) We took the boys to their first doctor's appointment the Monday after they came home. They were absolutely perfect. Jackson was up to 5 pounds and Jacob was 4 pounds 11 ounces. This is what we were welcomed with at our pediatrician's office...


I thought that was really neat.

Our second week home we started off with me jumping in head first. Justin had to leave to go out of town on Monday so it was all up to me. :) It went really well though. It is amazing how you just jump right in and do what you have to do even on very little sleep. Sleep is overrated when you have the two cutest, sweetest boys in the world. The boys went to the doctor again on Monday of their second week home for a weight check. They just needed to make sure they were gaining weight and sure enough they were. Jacob was 5 pounds 3 ounces and Jackson was 5 pounds 11 ounces.

The third week home was much like the second...Justin had to travel a lot. We have made it through though and are extremely thankful for Justin's job and how hard he is working to take care of us. He has a lot going on right now that just happen to hit at this time but that is ok. We miss him terribly when he is gone and cherish every second we get to spend with him. It is very hard for me when he leaves. It's not because I need him here to help because I don't like him to get up with me in the night when he is working anyway. It is just the support of having him here. I am going through the same withdrawal I went through when he first started traveling. I am sure I will adjust again but I just hate being without him. I know it is probably harder on him because he has to leave his boys too. We will all make it and as the boys get older we will just do some traveling with him.

We have taken the boys to the mall already to walk around. We also took them to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg. Justin and I have been wanting to go to Johnny Rockets since they opened in Gatlinburg but when I was pregnant it either didn't sound good or I was too tired to make the trip all the way up there. So we finally made the trip and the boys did absolutely fantastic. We are so excited for all the things we will be able to do with them and places we can go as they get older.

Well they are now a month old. I just cannot hardly believe they are already a month old but at the same time it feels like things have always been this way and they have always been here. It's hard to remember what I did without them. Yesterday Justin took them shopping for Mother's Day and I almost didn't know what to do with myself....it was only like 30 minutes!!!! I missed them terribly! :) Justin took some awesome pictures of them to document them being one month. I will post those later in another post. I am taking them to the doctor today for their one month check up. I am anxious to see how much they weigh because they are definitely growing. They are eating over three times as much as what they were eating when we first brought them home. I have also successfully transitioned them from an every 3 hour eating schedule to every 4 hours.

I am definitely going to try and get back to updating the blog weekly because this is way too much information for one post. :)


1 comment:

  1. Yah to eating every 4 hours.... no wonder you are blogging again - you have some more time (well, sort of... you know what I mean). I am happy to have you back in the land of the bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete