Monday, May 7, 2012

Doctor's Appointment: One Month Check-up May 7, 2012

Well today was my actual 40 week due date. Hard to believe that I could have still been pregnant if I went completely full term. I have to say I am pretty thankful that I was not still pregnant today for several reasons. ha ha ha :) I took the boys to the doctor today by myself for the first time. Our doctor's office is really small so I was a little worried about getting my limo stroller in there but I have no choice but to use the stroller when I am by myself with the boys. I am still on a lifting restriction but even if I wasn't it is going to be so much easier to just use the stroller. We had to leave the stroller out in the hall but we made it in and out ok which is good. :) They even offered to come out and help me in in the future. I'm loving our pediatrician so far.

Everything was absolutely perfect with them. Jackson is now 7 pounds and Jacob is 6 pounds 10 ounces!!!! That is just crazy to me. I knew they were getting big but I didn't expect either one of them to hit 7 pounds just yet. They are eating well. :) Jacob has a little bit of what looks kind of like a rash or pimples on his face and the back of his neck. I asked the doctor about that and she said it is just baby acne. I figured that was the case because I had that as a baby. I also asked her about both of the boys kind of having cruddy noses and some drainage. She said their passages are so small that it is easy for mucus to build up. She said we can use saline spray in their nose and a cool mist humidifier in their room but wasn't concerned about it. We are giving them formula and breast milk still but they are getting more formula that milk. She said we still need to be using the Neosure which is an extra calorie formula for premature babies until they are over 8 pounds. So we will continue doing what we are doing. She said we will be way over 8 pounds by our three month check-up so if we wanted to come in just for a weight check we could so that we could change to regular formula.

I am just so happy that they are doing so well. The doctor was so happy and that makes for one happy momma. :)

1 comment:

  1. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Some beautiful photos of the boys. In some ways they looked tiny but at the same time they look long....explain. We plan to come to Gee's sister's the last week of June if all goes well. I'll let you know when we get to Kingston. Looking forward to seeing the little rug-rats...I need babies! Gran

    ReplyDelete