Tuesday, May 22, 2012

6 Weeks Old

Last week the boys turned 6 weeks old. We had a semi-busy week. Monday Justin was sick so he was home with us all day. I didn't like that he was sick at all but we sure did enjoy having him home with us. We didn't do much but just hang out around the house.

Tuesday the boys and I went over to Amy's to keep Taryn and Trey for a little while so Amy could go to a meeting. It went pretty well but I have to say it was very interesting to have four children under the age of four. Poor Taryn isn't too sure about the twins so I felt kind of bad for her. We had fun anyway though. I always enjoy being with my niece and nephew.

Wednesday I had my 6 week check up with Dr. Evitt. Everything was perfect and I was released from all restrictions. That meant I was able to go back to praise team practice full time, vacuum and work out. Three things I was very much so looking forward to doing. I stop going to praise team practice about 6 weeks before the boys were born when I was put on bed rest and went back to practice three weeks ago but haven't been singing much at practice and definitely not on Sunday's. I hadn't used the vacuum since probably November or December. Justin wouldn't let me. I know it sounds weird but I do enjoy cleaning my home. I was ready to start working out too because I want to get into better shape to be healthy for my boys. I am already down 4 pounds below where I was at my first doctor's appointment at 8 weeks pregnant. I am pretty excited about that and hope it keeps coming off.

Thursday I decided I was going to go for an early morning walk with the boys in our subdivision. Two large hills later I thought I was going to die and realized just how out of shape I really am. I did not think about having to push the stroller up the hills. I was so sore but still felt good about being able to do something. Thursday night I went to praise team practice. My sweet friend Erin came to help me with the boys. Justin was out of town and I don't like them staying up on the stage in front of the monitors. I am afraid it is a little too loud for them so I asked Erin to come sit with them off the stage while I practiced. I am so thankful for my wonderful friends who are so willing to help any time I need it. The boys will be staying home with their daddy while I go to practice when he is in town.

Friday the boys and I went to meet my friend Amanda and her boys at the mall for lunch and to walk around a bit. We had a great time. Again...So thankful for friends!!!

Saturday Justin, the boys and I went down to Market Square downtown. We were heading for biscuit festival but when we got down there it was lunch time and we wanted something more than biscuits. :) We ate some lunch and then walked around for a little while through the Farmers' Market. It was such a beautiful day to be outside. After that we did a little shopping and then hung out at home for the evening.

Sunday we all went to church and I got to sing again for the first time in a long time. I do love to sing for the Lord. He gave me my voice and I will use it to ever praise Him!!!! We spent the afternoon at Grammy and Poppy's with the rest of the family.

It was another wonderful week with my boys. They are just so absolutely precious. It is so neat to watch them grow and to see how different they really are. They are still sleeping most of the time. However, I did notice this week that they are becoming more and more alert and aware of their surroundings. I love to see them with their eyes wide open and now we get to see that a little more often. I am so thankful for my two little boys. They are doing so well. They will go at least one 5 hour stretch at night between meals and sometimes two. So I am getting a good amount of sleep and feeling great. Jackson usually takes between four and half and five ounces of milk/formula and Jacob takes anywhere from three to four and a half ounces. Jacob has had pretty bad baby acne for the last two weeks at least but it is starting to clear up. It started out looking like oily pimples and then it dried out and started peeling. His poor little face looked so bad but is looking much better now. Hopefully it will completely clear up soon.

Here are some pictures from their 6th week.


Just hanging out with mom

All ready to go to Aunt Amy's

Jacob and mom cuddling

Getting ready to go to the doctor with mommy

Mommy and Jackson cuddling

Just hangin out with each other

Jackson napping with Daddy. Just so peaceful

Sleeping at Grammy and Poppy's

1 comment:

  1. Do you do anything except change the boys clothes and take their pictutres?!?! Poor little things, I know they get so tired of all the attention they get and would love a nice quiet evening alone! They are so precious. I know you are so proud of them... I know I am. Gran

    ReplyDelete