Monday, January 16, 2012

My week last week and testimony for this week!

Well last week was a kind of a rough one for me. I broke out in a terrible rash that caused me to itch all night and get little rest. I called in to the doctor and they asked me to come in for blood work so I did and showed my rash to one of the nurses. My blood came back completely normal (thank you Jesus) but my rash kept getting worse. It started on my feet and hands and spread all the way up my arms and legs. The nurse said it was a common pregnancy rash they called PUPPs...awesome! It has a name and everything! So we got online and checked it out and wouldn't you know that I fell into almost every category of those "most common" to get it...first pregnancy, carrying multiples, and having eczema. The only category I didn't yet fall into (which kind of worried me) was that it occurs during the third trimester. As bad as it was last week I was beginning to slightly panic because this would quite the thing to deal with for the next 13 weeks. I would itch all night and get little sleep and I tried everything...oatmeal baths, calamyn lotion (my sweet husband would put on my feet for me at night before I would go to bed), cortizone, benadryl, cocoa butter...EVERYTHING!!! I finally found out around 1am Sunday morning that lathering on cocoa butter and putting socks on minimized the itching greatly. I was so exhausted Sunday morning from such a rough night but was determined to go to church and I am so glad I did (even though I had to miss most of Pastor's sermon for a hot flash). I had Tonya pray for me over this rash and can I just tell you that yesterday the itching was much better and I slept a good 9 hours last night without any itching. Then today the redness of the rash has gone way down and I didn't hardly have any itching today!!!! Praise the Lord for His healing power! I know that may seem lame to you to ask for prayer for a rash but I believe in the power of prayer and God's healing power. Sure women have been suffering from much worse during pregnancy and call me a baby for thinking that was so terrible but I knew that God could heal me. Psalm 138:8 says "The Lord will perfect that which concerns me". So I believe that He cared even about a little pesky rash. Today I have felt so much better and have had energy to conquer my day. I am believing for the same tomorrow!!!!

Never consider something too small to take to the Lord in prayer. He cares so much for us. He cares about every detail of our life, big or small.

No comments:

Post a Comment