Wednesday, October 12, 2011

We're Pregnant!

September 2 - Justin, Trey (my nephew) and I were heading to St. Louis for the Labor Day weekend. I had received a call that week that the Clomid had done it's job for the first time since I had been taking it over the last 7 months and was told to take a pregnancy test on Saturday, September 3. I had already been experiencing some symptoms but didn't want to get my hopes up. By the end of the week on our way to St. Louis my symptoms were getting greater and greater. So I decided that I was going to take a test as soon as I got to Aunt Beth's house. I couldn't wait any longer. So we got to Aunt Beth's, said our hellos and I snuck off to the bathroom. When I first looked (immediately) at stick the first line was up immediately (there had to be two to be pregnant) and so I again thought, "Well I am not pregnant this time. We will just keep trying." But I knew I needed to wait the three minutes and then look again. Well I ended up waiting like a minute and a half and looked again and there were two VERY clear and DARK lines. I stuck my head out the door and called for Justin. I had a huge smile on my face when he walked into the bathroom and I showed him the stick. We laughed and cried and had a beautiful moment together. Then I stuck my head out again and called for Aunt Beth. She came to the door and I just showed her the stick. She started screaming and jumping up and down and we cried and laughed and cried some more and laughed some more. Uncle Roger, Emily, Luke and Leslie were all there too. It was so exciting! Aunt Beth, Leslie and Emily ran outside and ran around the cul-de-sac just screaming and laughing. It was so awesome!!! We all joined together and had a word of prayer. It was such an amazing time. I immediately started making phone calls and posted on Facebook. My phone didn't stop buzzing for hours. I was absolutely beside myself with excitement. Just a week or so before I was sitting in my office crying my eyes out and seeking direction from God because of a bad report that could have hindered us in this process. Little did I know that I was actually pregnant at the time. I just asked God for direction and within an hour I got a call from a friend with the God speaking through her and she didn't even know it, an email from a friend that were the exact words I needed and the direction I had asked God for and a call from the doctor saying there had been a mistake. God heard my cry and answered speedily. Now here I was pregnant. I couldn't even believe it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment